Unlike in most countries, when you using the private car rental in Delhi, it is usually accompanied by a driver! Well, it should take a while for you to get used to this, especially if it is your first trip to India and this is the first time you have experienced this. So please pay attention to this article to make sure everything is clear.
Why should you use a private car rental in Delhi with a driver?
Renting a car and driving by yourself is ideal for solo travelers; for its versatility, ease of cruise control, and ease of travel. You can stop where you are interested and not have to worry about how to get around. Although driverless car rental options are also growing in Delhi, self-driving cars are not recommended for health and safety reasons; and because the road condition in India is inferior, and few people follow the road rules.
Traveling by train and plane is very convenient if the distance to tourist destinations is too far. However, if you plan to explore many different destinations in one state, like Rajasthan or Kerala, renting a car in Delhi with a driver is good.
How much does it cost to rent a car in Delhi?
The price will depend on the vehicle type and whether your driver speaks English; (these drivers usually cost a bit more). The fee is per kilometer, and you will always have to pay the minimum per day (usually 250 or 300 km), no matter the distance traveled. Prices for each type of car vary by company, state, and city. Below are just general costs for everyone’s reference:
- Small car – Typically an air-conditioned Tata Indica, starting at around INR 10/km. Renting a modern vehicle is cheaper, about INR 15/km. The size of the car is suitable for a group of 2-4 people.
- Medium car – A Toyota Innova or Mahindra Xylo SUV typically starts at INR 13/km. The vehicle is suitable for groups of 4-6 people.
- Large vehicles – Tempo passenger cars typically start from INR 18/km. The vehicle is a minibus-like vehicle and can accommodate up to 10 passengers. There are also larger ones.
The cost of renting a car in India depends on the destination. Price includes fuel, insurance, and state tax. Parking and daily expenses include the driver’s food and accommodation (INR 200-500 per day), maybe a little more. Renting a car in India for sightseeing in the city is slightly lower.
Where to rent a car in India?
Any travel agency in India can arrange a car and driver for you, And so are most hotels. However, if something goes wrong (such as a car breakdown), The rental agency will be responsible, not the driver.
Renting a car in India at the hotel will also be more expensive. Therefore, it is best to book through a reputable company. These companies will also organize hotel transfers and guides if necessary.
You can refer to the private car rental in Delhi at MyTravelThru.
To keep in mind when using the private car rental in Delhi
- The condition of roads in India varies widely and can be very poor in some places. It may take longer to reach your destination than expected, so consider this when planning you are itinerary and calculate a little more time to spare. Don’t always trust the travel time shown by Google Maps! Beware of being blamed!
- If you care about comfort when moving, pay a little more to rent a better car like Toyota Innova or Mahindra Xylo. Because on the way or there are bad roads, it is often very bumpy and shocking. Also, it is advisable to choose an air-conditioned vehicle as the roads can be dusty and the weather is hot.
- The vehicle will need to return to the starting destination (you pay a fee), so consider this when planning your trip, depending on how thick or thin your wallet is.
- Drivers often do not drive as directed. They will consider your itinerary, take you to each destination, and answer general questions. Although, They will not accompany you to the attractions or monuments.