Welcome to our guide on Orlando airport transfers to Port Canaveral! If you’re planning a trip to Port Canaveral for a cruise or any other reason and arriving at Orlando International Airport (MCO), you might be wondering about the best ways to travel between these two destinations.
How far is it from Orlando Airport Transfers to Port Canaveral cruise dock?
The distance between Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Port Canaveral cruise dock is approximately 45 miles (72 kilometers). The travel time can vary depending on traffic conditions and the route taken, but it usually takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour to drive from the airport to the cruise dock. It’s important to note that these estimates are subject to change, so it’s always a good idea to check for the most up-to-date information and plan accordingly.
Does Orlando Airport have transportation to Port Canaveral?
Yes, Orlando International Airport (MCO) offers several transportation options to Port Canaveral. Here are a few popular methods:
- Cruise Line Shuttle: Many cruise lines provide shuttle services from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. These shuttles are typically available for passengers who have booked their cruise directly with the cruise line. You would need to check with your specific cruise line for availability and booking details.
- Private Shuttle Services: There are several private shuttle companies that offer transportation between Orlando Airport and Port Canaveral. These services often provide shared or private shuttles and can be booked in advance. Some well-known shuttle companies include Mears Transportation and Go Port.
- Car Rental: Renting a car from the airport is another option for transportation to Port Canaveral. Many car rental companies have counters at the airport, and you can drive to the cruise dock. It’s important to check with the car rental company about their policies regarding one-way rentals and drop-off at Port Canaveral.
When planning your transportation, it’s recommended to check with your cruise line or explore different options to find the most convenient and cost-effective method for your specific needs.
Can I rent a car at Orlando Airport and return it to Port Canaveral?
Yes, it is possible to rent a car at Orlando International Airport (MCO) and return it to Port Canaveral. Many car rental companies offer this service and have locations both at the airport and in the Port Canaveral area.
When you make a reservation, you can specify that you would like to pick up the car at the airport and drop it off at Port Canaveral. Some rental companies may charge an additional fee for a one-way rental, so it’s a good idea to check with the specific rental company for their policies and any applicable fees.
Additionally, some rental companies may provide shuttle services from Port Canaveral to their rental location, allowing you to return the car and then catch a shuttle back to the port. This can be convenient if you’re going on a cruise from Port Canaveral.
It’s recommended to contact the car rental companies directly or visit their websites to get accurate and up-to-date information on their rental policies, fees, and availability.
How much transfer from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral?
The cost of transferring from Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. Here are a few options with estimated costs:
- Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport, and the cost of a one-way trip to Port Canaveral is approximately $120 to $150. It’s important to note that these prices can vary depending on traffic conditions and the specific taxi company.
- Shuttle Service: Many shuttle companies offer transportation between MCO and Port Canaveral. The cost for a one-way shuttle ride per person typically ranges from $20 to $30. Some shuttle services may offer discounted rates for round-trip bookings or groups.
- Ride-Sharing Services: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft also operate at the airport. The cost for a one-way trip to Port Canaveral can range from $60 to $80, depending on factors such as demand, distance, and vehicle type.
- Rental Car: If you decide to rent a car from the airport, you’ll have the flexibility to drive yourself to Port Canaveral. The rental cost will depend on the car rental company, type of vehicle, duration of rental, and any additional fees.
It’s important to note that these prices are estimates and subject to change. It’s recommended to check with the specific transportation providers for the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information.
Traveling from Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral is a convenient and accessible journey. With several transfer options available, including taxis, shuttle services, ride-sharing apps, and car rentals, you can choose the option that best suits your preferences and budget.
While taxis offer a direct and hassle-free ride, shuttle services provide a cost-effective solution, especially for larger groups. Ride-sharing apps offer the convenience of on-demand transportation, while renting a car gives you the freedom to explore the area at your own pace. It’s important to consider factors such as cost, travel time, group size, and personal preferences when making your decision.
For more information, refer to MyTravelThru through Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.