You are having a trip in Thailand, in addition to Bangkok, remember to come to Pattaya – one of the most beautiful coastal cities in the land of the Golden Temple. So how to get from Bangkok to Pattaya? Should you book taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya? Let’s find out with MyTravelThru, shall we?
How long does it take to get from Bangkok to Pattaya?
Pattaya, located on the east coast of the Gulf of Thailand, is one of this country’s major cities. The city is also Thailand’s most popular tourist destination, attracting millions of visitors annually. Combined with Bangkok’s modern and vibrant city, these two destinations form a sightseeing itinerary chosen by many tourists when coming to the land of golden pagodas.
The distance from Pattaya city to Bangkok is about 165km to the southeast, and the travel time is about 2-3 hours, depending on your vehicle type.
How do you get from Bangkok to Pattaya?
Currently, many means of transportation from Bangkok to Pattaya are convenient and affordable. Let’s look at some of the most popular standards below with MyTravelThru.
Take a train
The train is a means of transportation that is considered highly safe, more comfortable to travel than a car, and relatively low cost, helping you save more money for your trip. The journey to Pattaya by train will start at Hua Lamphong station.
The train departs at 6:55 am and arrives in Pattaya after about 3 hours and 40 minutes. You can buy tickets right at the station for 31 baht per person.
You will always be proactive when choosing this vehicle. If departing at Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok), there will be a taxi area under the 1st floor of Gate 3 to catch a taxi leaving for Pattaya. Travel time from Bangkok to Pattaya is about 2 hours, with costs ranging from 1,300 – 1,700 baht and tolls of 60 baht.
In addition, if departing from the center of Bangkok, you should fix the taxi price with the driver before departure with about 2,000 – 2,500 baht for the trip.
Rent a motorbike
If you don’t mind the dust and love freedom, you can rent a motorbike to Pattaya city. The most popular motorbike rental places in Bangkok are hotels, and you can rent them directly here. The price is quite reasonable, only about 150 baht/day, and you must pour gasoline and pay a deposit depending on the situation.
The advantage of this vehicle is its flexibility and initiative. Besides, visitors also need to pay attention to a few fundamental laws:
- In Thailand, they go to the left
- Always wear a helmet when participating in traffic.
- You can park your car comfortably on the roadway. However, the white and red striped sidewalks will not be parked, and it is a prohibited or priority place for public vehicles. And the yellow sidewalk with white stripes is a parking space.
- Always carry identification with you.
Take a Bus
Most people choose a bus to move from Bangkok to Pattaya because it is both fast and inexpensive. These buses are pretty clean and fully air-conditioned. On average, every 30 minutes, there is a regular transfer from 5:20′ to 23:20′ per day with a fare of 117 baht/ticket.
The journey to Pattaya by bus takes about 2 hours, depending on the traffic situation.
What is the best way to travel from Bangkok to Pattaya?
To go from Bangkok to Pattaya, in addition to the above transportation methods. You can refer to the private transportation service from MyTravelThru. You can learn more about our information through Facebook, Linked.
Why should you use a private transfer service?
- Safety: Our drivers are carefully screened and receive special instructions in customer etiquette; as well as rigorous training on our high standards for safety. We work with the most experienced and skilled specialists that realize their job to deliver more than just transportation at airports but also to give a touch of class to every occasion should be exceptional.
- Convenience: Upon landing, our driver was waiting for you with a welcoming sign. In case the flight arrives late or you need time to complete customs procedures, the car and driver will continue to wait and pick you up for a period of 2 hours.
- Money saving: You will pay at the time of booking, so you will not be charged any additional costs. Furthermore, we frequently offer discount codes to both new and returning customers.
With the above sharing, book taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya or take a bus, or a private transfer service. Have you given yourself the best transportation options when traveling from Bangkok to Pattaya?